Gas Strut – Lid
The Lid Gas Strut is used to easily open and close the lid of your camper. Our gas struts are high-quality and custom made for our Ultimate Campers and come in 3 different variations.
- Used to easily open and close the Lid of your camper.
- Custom gas struts for Ultimate Campers.
- Strut 1320mm long.
- Strut only, brackets sold separately.
- 3 Options: 1200N, 1400N and 1700N.
- Campers before 2009 will most likely need 1700N.
- Campers after 2009 will most likely need 1200N or 1400N.
Determine your Lid Gas Strut
- Secure outrigger legs to stabilise your camper and unhook the stairs.
- Climb up to the top step and examine the lid of your camper.
- If your lid has distinct ribs you need the 1700N Lid Gas Strut.
- If your lid has small dimples, you will need either a 1200N or 1400N Lid Gas Strut.
- Those with dimples, if you have extra weight on your lid e.g. roof racks, you will need the 1400N.
- Those with dimples and without the extra weight on the lid of your camper, you will need the 1200N.
- 1 x Lid Gas Strut.
- Gas strut only.
Know Your Tent
To know if an item fits your camper, simply refer to what tent setup you have.
Xtrk, Xplor, Xterra, Xterrain, MK1, Bushhopper, Odyssey, Enterprise, 101.
Xplor 180, GT 180, Nexus 180 and GT 360, Nexus 360.
Does it fit my camper?
Not all items require a certain tent setup. If required, it will be stated under does it fit my camper? in the product description. Still unsure? Please view the Product FAQ page for more info.